This contract becomes binding when you receive a booking confirmation from us - either by e-mail or post. This contract shall be governed by and subject to the laws of England and Wales.
1. The cottage shall be used for no more than eight persons.
2. The price includes Wifi, all bed linen, towels and kitchen linen, heating, hot water, firelighters, kindling & firewood. Welcome basket. Initial supply of washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll & toiletries, etc., coffee tea and sugar.
Cot and highchair available on request, (please bring your own cot linen if required).
3. Pets are not allowed at the cottage.
4. Smoking is not permitted inside the cottage.
5. Window cleaning, grass cutting and maintenance if needs be, may be carried out during your holiday, this will be carried out with as little disturbance as possible.
6. After an enquiry is made, we will reserve the cottage for one week to give time to receive the deposit. If no payment is made within one week the cottage will be made available to let again and the enquiry cancelled. Payment is accepted by bank transfer or cheque payable to Mrs. B. Temple.
7. Payment of a 30% deposit is required on booking, the remainder becomes payable eight weeks before the start of your holiday. If you book within eight weeks of the start of your holiday the total cost is payable.
8. Cancellation - Should you need to cancel your booking, we will endeavour to re-let the property and your deposit & final payment will be refundable less an administration fee of £45, this applies even to the deposit only. If we are unable to re-let the cottage within 6 weeks of the start of the holiday we are entitled to keep all monies paid. If we re-let the property for less cost than the original booking, you would be responsible for the amount lost.
For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance.
9. We would only cancel your holiday if the accommodation was unavailable for reasons/forces beyond our control. We would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday.
10. Should you find any faults or have any complaints during your stay, please advise us immediately so that any appropriate action can be taken.
11. Arrival time is 4pm or after and departure 10 am. Please leave the cottage in a clean & tidy condition. If extra cleaning is required a charge of £45 will be made.
12. We do not require a Security Deposit for damages or breakages which may occur. However, you are responsible for these and we kindly ask that they be reported as soon as possible. Could we ask that a few pounds be left on departure to cover replacement of smaller breakages. Larger items will be charged appropriately.
13. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves.
14. We make every effort to ensure that the information and cottage description on our website is accurate. We do however reserve the right to make small changes if necessary.
If you have any queries regarding these Booking Terms & Conditions please e-mail Aiverthwaite Cottage at firstname.lastname@example.org.